Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Creating Light Healthy Recipes That Taste Delicious and Learning to be Domestic Like the Woman I Am!

Well Howdy Readers!!!

Did you miss me? My New Husband from Preston would be 100% proud of me for using the word "Howdy" haha.  Well I must say I sure have missed writing on this blog, being loud and speaking whatever is on my crazy mind(with censorship and poise of course). Well today I readdress a few topics, first topic today is DIETING. I really hate how the word DIE is in DIET. Because that is how I feel! I am not calling it a diet though this time around, I am going to call it a changing my ways for a healthier and easier tomorrow... Okay that is garbage, IT IS A DIET. I track my calories and fitness using the amazing website My Fitness Pal, there are also apps for Android and iPhones. I also used Jefit and Body Building to help plan my workouts. I selected programs for beginners and hope to shed some pounds here soon. We shall see though. I promised my facebook friends that I would share the recipe to my amazingly delicious salad(185 Calories)  and 5 Calorie(Non diet tasting) 22 oz CHERRY LIMEADE. Yes, the delicious-if-i-drink-you-i-will-screw-my-diet-over-for-three-days. Drink that many of us love. Just so you know, I have a plushy midsection, untoned legs that go for miles, and when I turn my head, my neck folds in a couple places. So needless to say, I am not here to preach, just to share what kept me full, because lets face it, dieting usually equals starvation, which later on equals quick return of weight when you return to your normal life.



I am going to call my salad:

The Delicious Filler

1/4 a large head of iceburg lettice chopped/shredded
1/4 cup of all white meat canned chicken
1 tbsp Taco Seasoning
1/2 a roma tomato
1 tbsp refried beans
1/6 a cup mexican cheese
2 tbsp Italian dressing
(opt) diced onion

I do not need to tell you how to put a salad together... but I will tell you to sprinkle the taco seasoning on the chicken in a microwave safe container(leave the water with the chicken) and heat for 45 seconds. Also make sure you heat your refried beans (they nasty otherwise)

This salad was awesome, it sounds a little weird, but you can't dis it until you try it. I was full from 1:45-7:00 tonight on this salad.

Now for the 5 calorie Cherry Limeade

Yes you can go to Sonic and get the light limeade, but this tastes so much better, much closer to the real deal(possibly even better!)

Cherry Limeade
20-24 oz glass
Ice
Hawaiian Punch single serve(I think it is called lemon berry) mix pouch
diet Ginger Ale
Lime Juice.

Put the ice in the cup first and spray with your desired amount of lime juice, the poor the drink mix on the ice, then proceed to fill your cup with the diet ginger ale. Seriously,  this is so so so good! And 100% guilt free! I choose ginger ale because the ginger in it keeps away that off diety taste that sprite zero has in it.

So now it is story time. I do not know if I will ever be a great domestic housewife. I came to the realization the other day when I was trying to do dishes and proceeded to flood my sink, I have a pile of mending, I never iron and I kinda dread cooking sometimes. But my husband knew what he was getting into before he put a ring on it and wouldn't have me any other way!

1 comment:

  1. Don't you just LOVE My Fitness Pal? I downloaded the app on Thursday. You should add me as a friend on there- my username is krislwp. We can be friends and motivate each other haha

    ReplyDelete